Welcome to ECN 2018
The 1st International Workshop on Edge Computing and Networking
News: The submission deadline has been extended to April 15, 2018 (firm).
Call for Papers
The rigid requirement for low-latency, high-throughput data processing by advanced mobile applications in the context of Internet-of-Things (IoT) or augmented reality (AR) has pushed the de facto computing paradigm – cloud computing, to evolve to its next generation, which is coined as edge computing. In this emerging paradigm, computing and storage resources are deployed in close proximity to mobile devices, augmenting their capabilities in real time within only few-hop (or even one-hop) distance. The major benefits of edge computing include reduced latency thus enabling critical interactions in sophisticated mobile applications and shrunk traffic volume on the core network as data streaming all the way to the distant data center is no longer required. With the maturity of new communication technologies such as 5G where high-bandwidth low-latency communication becomes reality, the boundary between mobile devices and the edge infrastructure will be further blurred and edge computing will become more appealing.
The 1st International Workshop on Edge Computing and Networking (ECN) aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry who are working on novel edge computing and networking technologies as well as their integration, to exchange research ideas and identify new research challenges in this emerging field. ECN focuses on all aspects about the modeling, design, implementation, and measurement of future edge computing and network systems.
All accpeted and presented papers will be included in the ICCCN 2018 proceedings. Extended versions of selected papers will be published in a special issue of the Open Journal of Cloud Computing.
Topics of Interest
Topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Edge computing architecture and framework
- Lightweight virtualization for edge computing
- Edge resource management
- Edge computing system modeling and analysis
- Edge caching and storage
- Cooperation solutions for cloud and edge integration
- Edge mobility modeling and management
- Performance measurement of edge computing systems
- Edge machine learning and data analytics
- Novel applications for edge computing (e.g., IoT, VR/AR, UAVs)
- Emerging edge communication technologies (e.g., mmWave, VLC)
- Multi-access edge management
- Novel edge network protocols and algorithms
- Edge network performance measurement
- Edge infrastructure security and data privacy
- Trusted computing on the edge infrastructure